Manufactured by Soliex, Inc., the TT500 Turbine is state-of-the-art when it comes to simplicity in a turbine of its size and is perfect for any application where off-grid battery power is desired.
- Corrosion resistant 304 SS and 5052-H32 AL means it will never rust!
- All SS hardware (included in any package), no rust here either!
- Black Acetal (POM) bearings/bushings are virtually maintenance free!
- Off-set rotor has a slicing effect in relation to the mounting pole that provides whisper quite operation!
- Hinged tail allows for automatic furling action!
- Designed to use GM alternators with the 10SI/12SI frame (preferably from an A/C equipped vehicles)!
- Built in over-speed protection is automatic!
Looking from the top, the images below depict the TT500 Turbine rotor positions at different wind speeds. From left to right the images would indicate no wind or low wind conditions, the center at higher speeds and the right image in a fully furled condition.
- 12v - 1.5Kw permanent magnet generator with a 7 blade rotor of 60.5" (1.54m).
- 12v - .5Kw permanent magnet alternator with a 5 blade rotor of 59" (1.5m).
The graph below shows the results of testing the prototype TT500 Turbine with the the rotor/gen combinations listed above. As can be seen, both turbines begin to produce voltage at a wind speed between 8 and 10 MPH then rise from there until the furling action results in a voltage drop around 35 MPH; this feature alone separates us from other turbine of this size operating in high winds.
If you have any questions or would like me to build you a TT500 Turbine of your own! Contact Soliex, Inc.